Didn't Make the Grad-ient

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted my rejects in the main thread, but I'll add them here for unity. Hope that's okay.

All the ones I made were Castile soaps so it took several tries to perfect a method to get the layers to set up between pours so that my layers would be straight. I also tried to do some gradients with natural colorants, but had no success at all with making the layers distinctly different shades. However, that was probably due to not have a thick enough trace with those particular soaps.

Here's one I did with micas, that I actually like the look of. It was a two day soap because I attempted a tilted layering effect on the bottom half, then straight line layers two days later to complete the soap.

Gradient%20Turquoise-Green%20Dual%20Lye%20Castile%20-%202017Jan12-14%20-001.jpg

Madder Root Layers didn't come out so well but I really like the intensity of the color.

Madder%20Gradient%20Castille%20-%202017Jan07.jpg

In this one you can see I had finally started to manage to get straighter layers. The next one I did turned out even straighter, so this was a good practice run.

Turquoise%20Gradient%20Castille%20-%202017Jan12.jpg

Latest posts

Back