Didn’t expect this Soapy transformation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good lord, it's definitely from the same batch of soap. I still haven't used mine, but will take photos when I do.

Very pretty! I have a few bars that are high in cocoa butter (5-10%) and shea butter (5-15%) with a moderate high SF 6-9% that get this polished stone look after several washes. It does make the colors look a bit more vibrant. I have also seen it in high % coconut oil soaps with higher superfats 10%+. Have you used this recipe before and noticed that your other soaps look like this after washing? You could also try making the same recipe again and see what happens. I'm sure your friend would love to have more :)

View attachment 43860 View attachment 43861 In the fall I tried my first drop swirl. While I was happy with how the swirl looked, I was pretty disappointed in the muted colors. Imagine my surprise when I went to my friends house and saw a bar from this batch in her soap dish. I couldn’t believe how the colors changed. I LOVE the colors of this soap. Any idea why they looked so dull when I cut the bar and why they are so gorgeous after use??

Are you sure this is from the ”same” batch, these look different to me?!?

Back