Did something really stoopit today...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
Part of my job involves going out & inspecting mining leases, making sure that they are complying with relevant legislation. I did a trip today to a mining lease about 250km north of home. It was a follow-up trip to make sure that they had fixed some issued identified during my last inspection.

I've been there before. I know about the creek you have to cross. It's a dry creekbed at the moment, but very loose & sandy.

So, I pull up & put the landcruiser into low 4-wheel-drive. I creep down the bank, get 2/3 of the way across & get bogged in the sand.

I spent an hour sweating, digging, chopping fallen trees into short enough bits to wedge under the tyres for traction, & swearing at the stoopit car for getting bogged at lunchtime in the summer.

I finally figured OK - it's 1pm now, home is 2 1/2 hours away. I need to call the office & get them to send someone up to help me, otherwise I'm not going to get home until after dark. I call my boss, and the conversation goes something like this:

'Ben, it's Bec. I'm bogged. I've been trying to get out & can't. There are no trees close enough to use the winch. I think you need to send John up to rescue me.'

'OK Bec, where are you?'

'I'm 20 km north of Greenvale. At GPS location ***, there will be a gate on your right hand side with pink flagging tape tied to it. Go thru the gate, follow the road, you'll find a creek. In that creek, you'll find me.'

'OK Bec, John is leaving now. Hey, you do have the hubs locked in, don't you?'

'Umm...I'll call you back...'

I HAD FORGOTTEN TO LOCK THE HUBS IN!!! No hubs = no 4-wheel-drive!!! I locked in the hubs & drove straight out of the creek, no sweat.

I have to shout beers on friday arvo, that's my punishment for stupidity.
pissmyselflaughing.gif

Becky - you tell good stories! DH was reading over my shoulder *pesky* and says he wants your job. Glad you rolled out OK!

Geez Becky............I am worn out just reading your hectic day!! Laughing with you here, not at you.

Hey.............at least you knew that when you got home you had all those wonderful smell goods! Just sink down in the tub, put on some nice music, pour that tall frosty (plastic, of course) and let them take the day away.......................Or drop in on Starduster for a visit and ask if she would mind if you unwind in her tub! I love her "studio"!!!!!

Digit

I came home, drank beer & felt very much :oops:

It was 2 days ago & I'm still really sore, all my muscles are aching from digging & using the axe & stuff. Everyone at work thinks it's the biggest joke. Anytime I leave the office now, someone tells me 'don't forget the hubs'

Back