Did it, Mommy soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I said I would never make soap with mommy milk. Well, I lied... My niece really wanted me to make her a batch so I did today. She brought out a couple of bags last month when she came to visit. I have to say the lye solution, which I made from 100% milk came out a beautiful creamy color and did not turn when I added the lye to oils. I am actually gelling, since I want to send a couple of bars home tomorrow with her mom so she can just let it sit and cure, and it is not even overheating with gardenia fo and added sugar :)

I said I would never make soap with mommy milk. Well, I lied...
Oh Carolyn how funny! Was just having a conversation with my youngest (named Caroline, too) who is pregnant with her first. Every conversation these days gets around to all things "baby." She's planning a midwife-attended home birth, and told me yesterday that her midwife and other friends who have had homebirths have had their placentas processed into capsules after the birth, which they (the mommies) then take as supplements. It's a whole thing now I guess.
My response was, "honey you can do whatever you want with what your body produces, just don't ask me to make soap with your breast milk."
Now I'm probably going to have to switch tracks! Let me know how the soap is after cure, ok?:lol:

Oh Carolyn how funny! Was just having a conversation with my youngest (named Caroline, too) who is pregnant with her first. Every conversation these days gets around to all things "baby." She's planning a midwife-attended home birth, and told me yesterday that her midwife and other friends who have had homebirths have had their placentas processed into capsules after the birth, which they (the mommies) then take as supplements. It's a whole thing now I guess.
My response was, "honey you can do whatever you want with what your body produces, just don't ask me to make soap with your breast milk."
Now I'm probably going to have to switch tracks! Let me know how the soap is after cure, ok?:lol:
LOL, I will certainly let you know. The capsules sound extremely gross and just a way for someone to make big money... I am really to old for all this :) I actually swore I would never make breast milk soap and here I did. Have to admit is was one of the easiest milks to work with. I used full frozen solid milk in an ice bath

Latest posts

Back