Did I ruin my GLS?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh - yeah this one doesn't test clear so I don't think a clarity test will help :/
If it were me I'd be inclined to proceed with test diluting a small bit according to the recipe (i.e. Adding the stearic acid) and testing for zap once that's completed.

Not sure if cocoa/shea butter unsaponifiables might mess up, but an 80% palm LS (“longevity number” 39 compared to GLS with 20) does pass the (hot) clarity test – potassium palmitate/stearate is soluble, but so much better in hot water that it really pays off to heat up the diluted LS to not confuse tiny soap crystals with unsaponified oils.

I tried diluting a very small amount of paste according to the recipe. It worked perfectly, and there is no zap whatsoever. :) I still need to add the last supplemental bit of oils and ps80. I don't have meadowfoam seed oil, so I will use something else. I don't know why the soap zapped at first, but at least it seems to finish up properly. :) Thanks everyone for all your help!

Back