DH makes me laugh!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
I got home from work yesterday and caught DH showing his mate thru my soap room. Ronnie (the friend) had a couple of bars of soap in his hand, and was just amazed at how bath bombs work (DH had demonstrated with a broken one in the kitchen sink), he had tried out the spray-on moisuriser I've been tweaking, was sniffing all my wax tarts & just generally enjoying himself.

It had come up in conversation that Ronnie buys goat milk soap from the local health food shop, and DH had told him to come on around & have a look at what I make. It made me giggle to see these two 'mens men' in their dirty work clothes and steel-cap boots playing in all my pretty smelly stuff :lol:

DH is kinda proud of my stuff, can you tell?

That is so wonderful!! Too bad you did not have a hidden camera for video. Sounds liken DH may be your best salesman!! :lol: :lol:

Digit

I wish I had a hidden camera! That would have been good.

To add to the laugh factor, DH has only in the last few months decided that the soap I make is 'real' (I've been soaping for about 2 years now). Before that, I would literally have to beg him to try one of my soaps. He would be all :evil: OK, fine, I'll try it if you will just go away & let me shower in peace!

It was only once he decided that he liked the salt soap that Paul made for the Valentines swap that he realised that hand made soap might not be poison after all. :lol:

Today was the first time he actually went & got himself a fresh bar of soap from the racks - usually he just whines that he is out. Maybe it all has to do with the fact that my insurance is organised now & he can sue me if his skin melts... :lol:

Tell him there is a family clause that excludes relatives from sueing.
rules.gif
:lol: :lol:

Digit

Ha!Ha! That's a great story!!

DH has been with me the past 2 week-ends while I sell at craft fairs. I was selling at a gun show this past week-end. He has a new respect for my soap!!!

Last month I might've crossed the line when I sent a bar with him to the poker game. He had everyone smelling it 'cause I needed a name for it. He got lots of comments like, "Hey, are we gonna play poker or Avon?" They came up with some good ideas for names, though. :lol:

My best returning customers are 2 guys from where he works - glaziers! LOL!

Back