Detox bar??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. Made a detox bar?? Added activated charcoal. Used king tut gold. For bling. From mad micas. Peppermint and tea tree. For the smelly stuff. Same recipezy as the lemon poppy seed bar. Just full water. Thanks for looking.
20200930_164120.jpg 20200930_164724.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what I think about "detox" claims, but the soap looks pretty. It's an unusual color combination that works really well due to the swirl pattern you chose. Well done!

Hi, I did use a question mark.:) Meaning to make a bar for teens with oily skin. Thought the AC would make it more drying? Maybe detox would be the wrong description?? Pic's don't do it just. Gold sparkles.:cool:

I have soaps (that I didn't make, but handmade nonetheless). Marketed as "detox" charcoal soap. They make me break out terribly. I am almost 50 lol.

So now I make my own soap. I made a charcoal soap...these make me break out too. I don't know if it is the "detox" aspect or what. Not sure if your teens want that outcome lol. Maybe it's just me.

I also like your swirl. Very pretty.

Soap is just soap when any claims about it remain in the limited realm of "it's made with fat + lye and it gets you clean". If claims for the soap go further than that, then the FDA says it's a drug (something that provides medical/health benefits) or a cosmetic (something that makes you feel or look better).

A claim about acne fighting ingredients would turn the soap into a drug according to the FDA, with requirements for proper drug labeling and also with the responsibility to show scientific justification for the acne-fighting claim. A claim for "detox" is also a medical claim, and you would want to be prepared to defend how the soap provides a "detox" benefit. I realize many people make all kinds of crazy claims for their soap and hope they are able to fly under the FDA's radar, but if a person gets reported or caught, I gather it can be an uncomfortable experience.

Anyways, you've made a handsome looking soap that I'd be proud to sell as just plain 'ol soap ... one that just happens to have AC in it.

Back