detail suggestions for peep molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
Hey there all...I'm looking to put some eyes on the melt and pour peeps soaps I'm currently making and looking for suggestions. Top of my head are the following:
1. charcoal and glycerine
2. charcoal in a small amount of melt and pour
Just wondering...Many thanks!

I vote for using a small amount of charcoal in some M&P...and then applying it with a toothpick. The glycerin/charcoal method will work, too, (I've done it several times to make colored designs on my CP), but it will take days to dry. The MP/charcoal method will set up fairly instantaneously.

IrishLass :)

I've done exactly what IrishLass recommends, and it works great. MP colored with AC, then used a toothpick to apply tiny drops. The only thing is that the small amount of MP thickens quickly, so plan to reheat often. It must be very thin to work properly. Here's a pic:

2015-03-11 07.49.09.jpg

did it according to IL....worked beautifully after a little practice...I'll try a sharpie with the next batch...thanks all!

I've done exactly what IrishLass recommends, and it works great. MP colored with AC, then used a toothpick to apply tiny drops. The only thing is that the small amount of MP thickens quickly, so plan to reheat often. It must be very thin to work properly. Here's a pic:

Okay, that's just adorable!

Latest posts

Back