Designed A New Soap Label Tonight

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McGraysoldtowngifts

Reaction score
Hello all

This will be for the Front of the Soap I will design a second Label that will be placed on the side of the bar of Soap with the Net weight and Ingredients along with our Email Address and Company info.

Todd

Black Raspberry Vanilla Soap.PNG

To me, that font is hard to read. I don't think you need the gradated shading at all. Simple, easy to read is always better.

Just my 2 cents

I third that it's hard to read. I'm not sure if it's because of the gradient, font, or both. McGrays Old Town Gifts can be in a fancy font, but I'd leave the scent name in a simpler font. That makes it easier on the eyes and really makes your company name stand out

You must to change the font, it could an awesome label, but put some work in it. Customers will not spend time trying to read, they will take it and put it back :)

I agree with the font being hard to read. I also find that it looks almost a little tacky and low-end (I'm not sure what your target is, so this is obviously completely subjective), so it's not something that would catch my eye. You've done a lot of business related research and obviously invested a lot of time so far from what you've said on here, so I'd suggest the same amount of time/money is invested in branding and labeling if you want to be successful. Plenty of great graphic designers could whip you up a label or logo to get started with.

Thanks for all of the great input I was a little worried about the font that is why I posted it here. The gradient is just a filler for the real background that will eventually be placed behind the other graphics. There are three separate pictures that have been layered together in Illustrator Cs6. I just wanted to get some input from a good reliable group of People so that is why I am sharing it with you all.

Thanks Todd

I'm with folks on the lettering choice being difficult to read. I actually like the gray background as a soft backdrop to set off the image. I tend to like gray though - my walls are dove gray.

I agree that it's very difficult to read that font. Also, weight needs to be listed on the front of the label.

Hmm

According to what I read the only requirements for soap labels in the US is it needs to be Labeled as Soap and has to have the Net weight marked on the Bar of soap. Nothing about it having to be on the front of the bar. Can you reference me to this requirement ?

Thanks Todd

I'm with folks on the lettering choice being difficult to read. I actually like the gray background as a soft backdrop to set off the image. I tend to like gray though - my walls are dove gray.

Do you think if I used a Contrasting color maybe Lighter red like the Berries it would be easier to read ?

Todd

Todd you just pushed me to stay till 4 am and designing my label. Not for the soap but for cream, hand cream. If so many people tell you to change font , do it and see how it works for you. This font is not acceptable.
I like the background color too, it is soft and plays with red color.
You ask advice but do nothing, rather the opposite,. Why to ask then ?

I think it's more of the font choice itself. Old English style typefaces are pretty hard to read when they get small. It's less of a challenge on company names. Scent names though might frustrate shoppers who are just trying to figure out which soap is which.

I totally agree with both of you on the Font issue Just making sure it is not a color issue with the font making it harder to read then it should be I will try using another font and see how it come out. reason I have not changed it is I am at work right now and you know how it can be sitting and thinking about some thing. Thanks again for the info.

Todd

I have some difficulties to upload Word file
[FONT=&quot]McGray[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Old Town[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Gifts -Ad Executive [/FONT]

McGray Old Town Gifts –[FONT=&quot]Antiqua_Caps[/FONT]

McGray Old Town Gifts -almeria

[FONT=&quot]McGray[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Old Town[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Gifts[/FONT][FONT=&quot] –[/FONT][FONT=&quot]arial rounded Mt bold[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]McGray[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Old Town[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Gifts-[/FONT]Blackoak std
few of the fonts easy to read in my opinion, still fancy and on right side you have names of font. Btw try not to do mess with different fonts, two kinds is more than enough, there is an option of bold, italic, ;))

Back