Design ideas?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about a two color drop swirl leaving half the batter uncolored and the second half a pine green. Then a thin pine colored layer on top. If you have any leftover soap from a previous batch you could grate it and sprinkle the gratings on top to look like wood shavings.

Maybe half the batter being colored would not be minimalist enough. Or maybe a swirl is too much too. What about a third of the batter being uncolored, a third on top pine colored with the shavings on top?

If you have any leftover soap from a previous batch you could grate it and sprinkle the gratings on top to look like wood shavings.

I thought about uncolored shavings. I have some unscented bars that would work. Just not sure how to get wider thin shavings and not grated cheese shreds

A wood grain pour!
I wish, I'm not that talented or patient. It would be perfect though

What about this: Put two gear ties on each long side of an empty loaf mold. Pour green colored batter over each gear tie. Fill the rest with uncolored batter. Pull each gear tie out, perhaps diagonally.
I don't want to rain on you or your requester's parade, but I find pine essential oil to be unpleasant. It smells like pinesol. Instead, what is heavenly is fir needle essential oil. And what is super-duper heavenly is equal parts eucalyptus, fir needle, peppermint, cedarwood, rosemary essential oils which smells like a brisk winter walk in the forest. That's just my opinion.

What about this: Put two gear ties on each long side of an empty loaf mold. Pour green colored batter over each gear tie. Fill the rest with uncolored batter. Pull each gear tie out, perhaps diagonally.
I don't want to rain on you or your requester's parade, but I find pine essential oil to be unpleasant. It smells like pinesol. Instead, what is heavenly is fir needle essential oil. And what is super-duper heavenly is equal parts eucalyptus, fir needle, peppermint, cedarwood, rosemary essential oils which smells like a brisk winter walk in the forest. That's just my opinion.

I'm not making pine scented, its a sawdust FO. Think of the wood isle in home depot.
I've not smelled the FO so I don't know what it will really be like but it doesn't sound piney at all.

I have someone order a loaf of pine sawdust scented soap and I'm at a loss on a design.
Any ideas? Ideally a minimalist design.
Ohhhhh, I love the smell of freshly cut wood! If it was me I would do an in the pot swirl with the natural soap color as the primary color and a light to medium brown as my secondary color. Save a little of both for the top. Do alternating vertical stripes across the top, then gently swirl that around, about 1/2 inch down, with a wooden chop stick or something similar.

So who makes this fragrance, what's it called?

Ohhhhh, I love the smell of freshly cut wood! If it was me I would do an in the pot swirl with the natural soap color as the primary color and a light to medium brown as my secondary color. Save a little of both for the top. Do alternating vertical stripes across the top, then gently swirl that around, about 1/2 inch down, with a wooden chop stick or something similar.

So who makes this fragrance, what's it called?
Thats sounds like a good option, I'll run it by the customer.
Its from save on scents and is called sawdust (pinewood). They have all kinds of bizarre scents, its the place to check for anything unusual.

what is super-duper heavenly is equal parts eucalyptus, fir needle, peppermint, cedarwood, rosemary essential oils which smells like a brisk winter walk in the forest.
Mind smells lovely.
Thank You.gif

Instead, what is heavenly is fir needle essential oil. And what is super-duper heavenly is equal parts eucalyptus, fir needle, peppermint, cedarwood, rosemary essential oils which smells like a brisk winter walk in the forest. That's just my opinion.
I'm considering this! With Eucalyptus, peppermint and rosemary all being somewhat camphorous, I'm thinking to sub one of them with Patchouli.

I was initially leary because I am not a fan of eucalyptus and camphorous scents. But this is my #2 favorite. It smells like a winter forest. Your blend sounds good too!
Oh, what is #1? And which one would you delete in favour of Patchouli? Just to see what you think, I've already chosen the one I think I'll sub.

I have only used patchouli once because it's a bit outside my budget -- loved it by the way. I almost always use a titch of cedarwood in my blends as a bass note similar to how people use patchouli. And no offense intended but I would not substitute anything from equal parts eucalyptus, fir needle, peppermint, cedarwood, rosemary! I just love it -- and it's not camphorous.

When I first began I used to do a lot of experimenting with EOs on cotton ball tests in plastic bags. Then I discovered the wonderful world of Find Free Essential Oil Blends - Essential Oil Calculator and now mostly find blends there.

My #1 favorite -- both me and my gift recipients -- is equal parts rosemary and lemongrass with a titch of cedarwood. I call it "Spring Clean" and color it with a combo of white TD and uncolored. Simple and heavenly.

@Zing not in the least offended! We're sharing ideas! Perhaps sub nothing, just add a little patch. It is indeed outside my price range too, but oh, dark patchouli is a must. A luxury I allow myself.

I was initially leary because I am not a fan of eucalyptus and camphorous scents. But this is my #2 favorite. It smells like a winter forest. Your blend sounds good too!
This is on my list to make this weekend, but I don't have any eucalyptus, so I'm going to use some vetiver instead.

Thanks for this breakdown. I have a soap by my favorite company that that smells just like pinesol. I've learned to ignore most negative reviews of products as it seems many people exaggerate, however this time they were right. Strangely a lot of people *liked* the scent. Ok I won't give em too hard a time, perhaps it's like cilantro where people literally taste it in a different way-either an amazing herb, or a soapy flavor.

Latest posts

Back