Deodorized Cocoa Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed.balaun

Reaction score
I’m still relatively new. Of course I have developed a quick addiction to making CP soap!
I just bought some deodorized cocoa butter. When I opened the package, it smelled like a chocolate factory! Is this typical of “deodorized” cocoa butter? I used it anyway and added a modest amount of lavender FO. I just made this an hour ago. I used it at 6%.

Question: is this batch going to smell like chocolate lavender? 😜

Even deodorized cocoa butter will have a chocolate aroma. It doesn’t last in the finished soap even if there is still a bit of the odor remaining right after unmolding and cutting.

ETA: I should add that I use cocoa butter in every batch at 5%.

Last edited:
I’m still relatively new. Of course I have developed a quick addiction to making CP soap!
I just bought some deodorized cocoa butter. When I opened the package, it smelled like a chocolate factory! Is this typical of “deodorized” cocoa butter? I used it anyway and added a modest amount of lavender FO. I just made this an hour ago. I used it at 6%.

Question: is this batch going to smell like chocolate lavender? 😜
Get the regular stuff if you're aiming for that scent. I can smell regular coco butter in soap for months and I never get tired of it.

Back