deodarant containers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breathenatural

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Does anyone know where to get deodorant stick packaging?
I saw your lovely deodorant sticks Tabitha on your blog! I use mine for a moisturizer stick for Mommy to be belly's. My supplier is out of stock...I have searched, googled...nothing. HELP!
Standard deodorant size (approx 60 ml)
Thanks everyone,

Jill

i was thinking of the possibility of instead of using plastic using a tear off piece of paper (kind of like those old school drawing pencils where youd tear off strips of the wood to sharpen it?? )

I wonder if itd be possible...going to do some experimenting once i get soapmaking down pat...

oooo that sounds good Ian. And would really go with my "natural" theme...I do cringe with every plastic bottle/jar I order...

thanks for the idea,

Jill

IanT said:
i was thinking of the possibility of instead of using plastic using a tear off piece of paper (kind of like those old school drawing pencils where youd tear off strips of the wood to sharpen it?? )

I wonder if itd be possible...going to do some experimenting once i get soapmaking down pat...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea. I was contemplating selling stain sticks because - WOW - they really work! but I hated the idea of putting them into something plastic. I am going to give this suggestion some thought and try a few things. THANK YOU!!!!

what about putting them into a tin like some lotion bars i've seen? you'd have to pick it up out of the tin to use it. but the tin could be reused or recycled easier than the plastic tubes.

for the stain stick you could use recycled toilet paper rolls. maybe line it with freezer paper so it doesn't stick to the cardboard.
haven't done it so don't know if it would work. even if you didn't tear it as you went. i would think you could push it up to use it and then slide it back down in the tube to keep it clean.

Hmmmm, Ian, maybe I'd use heavy duty freezer paper (shiny on the inside, dull on the outside) but before I tried wrapping, maybe run it through a perferator....

I also saw somewhere where the woman makes push up tubes out of cardbord rolled into a tube and taped... you then push up the bottom with your finger.. a bit primitive but it gets the job done.. I don't know if she lines the inside with freezer paper or not.

i think freezer paper would work well, so long as it was able to stick a bit, would nt want it falling of and such.. lets all do some experimentation with this and see what happens!! I was also thinking of a push up type thing as you were saying...maybe with one of those small cardboard cylinders, the ones that are a bit stronger and sturdier than toilet paper rolls, and a bit skinnier (though i think id probably want one the size of the toilet paper roll to use for the deodorant because you need a bit to make it effective..) but maybe the smaller one for chapstick or something, a small cardboard sturdy tube, and an even smaller one to push it up., like a push-up-pop...ahhh remember those when you were a kid?? (flinstones!!! :))

Latest posts

Back