dents and divots

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyE

Reaction score
Lip balm/lotion bars: What is the best way to get rid of those weird holes or dents in the center after it hardens when you pour lotion bars or lip balm into a tube? I tried pouring heavy and almost over filling, and I also tried pouring part of the way and letting it cool a bit and then continuing pouring. Is there a secret?

I have read that you need to pour at the coolest you can while still being flowing.....good luck! :wink: I think it is a trial and error thing. The couple of batches I made of lotions bars so far were fine and I poured just before it got sludgy. If you are pouring fairly hot, just wait a bit longer and feel the outside of the container to notice the temp drop a little more, then try. HTH!

Tanya :)

i have seen people let their tubes cool to room temp then fill in any little dents with the leftover, reheated oils.

krissy said:
i have seen people let their tubes cool to room temp then fill in any little dents with the leftover, reheated oils.

I have done that. It looks terrible, IMO. Thanks. I will try them cooler. I figured that had to be it, but I figured I was pouring pretty cool already. Ho Hum...Thanks!

Here is what I do. I pour them and wait for them to cool. If there are any that look dented (or whatever) I use my heat gun (or you can use a blow dryer) to warm and "remelt" the tops. That seems to help them even out. Just one note...be careful not to hold it too close to the kind of molds that might melt. (ask me how I know about that :shock:)
Let me know if that works out for you.

Latest posts

Back