Denali Coconut Soy Blend Wax for soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this is a blend of coconut and soy wax, IMO it would be hard to figure the SAP value.

SummitWax.com 's website is parked right now, so I don't see any way to find out more details about this coconut/soy wax blend, but perhaps you can find contact information more easily than I as you are in Australia. The information says that the wax is manufactured in Sydney, so I suggest you find a way to contact the manufacturer and ask for specifics about the wax.

It seems to be more coconut wax (hydrogentated Coconut oil) than soy, so that's at least a lead. I didn't even know there was such a thing as coconut wax, but I guess that should not be a surprise me.

Perhaps the company can give you a SAP value, as it seem pretty common that oils and blends of oils have that information, although I haven't had any luck finding that out with a wax made by Cargill (a US company.)

SummitWax.com 's website is parked right now, so I don't see any way to find out more details about this coconut/soy wax blend, but perhaps you can find contact information more easily than I as you are in Australia. The information says that the wax is manufactured in Sydney, so I suggest you find a way to contact the manufacturer and ask for specifics about the wax.

It seems to be more coconut wax (hydrogentated Coconut oil) than soy, so that's at least a lead. I didn't even know there was such a thing as coconut wax, but I guess that should not be a surprise me.

Perhaps the company can give you a SAP value, as it seem pretty common that oils and blends of oils have that information, although I haven't had any luck finding that out with a wax made by Cargill (a US company.)
The supplier has a website for the wax but it doesn't exist. Can't give me the SAP value or % of soy in the mix. They say they will get an MSDS for it as soon as they can (can't give me an estimated date).

Back