Deionized Water

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are fine with distilled water.
Yeah, that was my thought too, but I used distilled water with the base and it's separating. Not sure if that is a result of using distilled water instead of deionized water or something else.

My neighbor has a reverse osmosis system installed and thought maybe I would try a little of that if all else failed. lol

I purchased the base from MakeYourOwnBuzz and used the one formula they have listed. It is possible that I did something wrong of course. :)
Here is the formula and the base is listed there as Ultra Mild.

It shouldn't matter what type of purified water it is as long as it has been purified so there is very little extra stuff in it.

Not sure about US but here you can buy distilled water from gas stations and places that sell car supplies as it's used in car batteries, called battery water.

This is either a generic version of Iselux Ultra mild or it is Iselux. Either way, I think your formula might be the problem and not the distilled water. I used the exact same surfactant to make shampoo this afternoon and it worked great with distilled water.

ETA: could be FO. I added FO and the consistency changed as well. I had to add crothix to thicken it.

Back