Definition of irony

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seo

Reaction score
I broke my nose yesterday and upon arriving home from the doctor, I received an order of 4 fragrance oils in the mail I'd been chomping at the bit to receive. I cannot smell any of them! Grrrr! Still might soap at least one today, and will wait not so patiently for the nose to heal up so I can smell them. How cruel is that timing? ;)

Yeowch! We skipped right over HOW the nose got broken??? I am sorry, that has to hurt, and yes getting new FO's that same day is just adding insult to injury!

Feel better soon

Oh, no really interesting story- my 3 year old slammed the pantry door on me when I was gathering up trash. Hardest part was remembering he was there and not saying something inappropriate that he'd pick up. Somehow "oh golly poop!" didn't quite cover the amount of pain I was in! HA! I'm sure it will make for a humorous story here in a while when it heals up and doesn't hurt so much. But really, I think I was most bummed that I had the afternoon to myself (my mom took my son so I could rest) and I couldn't smell my new fo's or felt up to soaping with them! I just laid there thinking "but I could be making soap!!!" I guess you know you're addicted when you want to soap even when in extreme pain! HA!

I'm so sorry to hear you broke your nose and I hope it heals quickly for you. BTW, I cringed in sympathy when I read your first post. I've never broken my nose but I've been smacked a few times and I know how much just getting hit hurts. I can't imagine how painful it must be broken.

Man what a story! Ugh I am so scared this is going to be me. haha. My son hurts me on a daily basis. Not on purpose, but he tends to head bash me in the nose, I'm honestly surprised it hasn't broken already. Also, that's such a bummer not being able to smell new FO's!! I think I would cry. I hope your nose heals quickly!!

Yikes, that hurts big time :( I hope your nose heals nicely.

My 3 yr old son accidentally broke my nose a year & a half ago. I was holding him while walking through our laundry room, and just as we were passing through, he grabbed the edge of the door. The door swung forward and I stepped into it. I heard the crunch & had to really try not to drop him with all the pain.

Lynnz said:
My eyes are watering just reading this OUCH!!!!!! Hope your hooter heals fast!!!!!

Ummm... Is "hooter" something different in Australia? Because here that word is associated with something a bit south of the face! :lol:

My DD broke my nose when she was a toddler, lost her balance and smacked right into my face. I saw stars, and it was all I could do to gently relocate her so I could go get some ice. Good news is they heal pretty fast.

Look at that, I'm among a big group of people who's kids have broken their nose! HA! And here I was thinking my little boy was just especially gifted! ;) Feeling better, nose is slightly crooked, but I can smell out of one side, so I sniffed! Ah... love those fo's! Might try to soap a batch today because I just can't wait! Thanks for all the stories, sounds like those kids will really hurt ya! Hehe... Good thing they're so cute! ;)

I'm glad to hear your nose is feeling better already. Just think of the guilt trip you can use on your son as he gets older - "You broke my nose when you were three years old. Now you're breaking my heart! Go ahead, just go ahead! Break my nose again...it will hurt less...sob!"

new12soap said:
Ummm... Is "hooter" something different in Australia? Because here that word is associated with something a bit south of the face! :lol:

Add an "s" to the end of the word and I've heard it's a very popular restaurant...with men.

Does that mean your husband likes going to "Owl" for beer and wild buffalo wings?

@ seo

I'm sorry...I got off topic but I couldn't resist.

new12soap said:
Lynnz said:
My eyes are watering just reading this OUCH!!!!!! Hope your hooter heals fast!!!!!

My DD broke my nose when she was a toddler, lost her balance and smacked right into my face. I saw stars, and it was all I could do to gently relocate her so I could go get some ice. Good news is they heal pretty fast.
LOL yes I was refering to the nose we often use the term go and blow your hooter.......................think I will just use Nose now as this thread will keep coming to mind :D

It's okay. Everyone knew what you really meant.

@ seo

I hope you didn't laugh when you read anything. That would be even more painful.

Latest posts

Back