Decision is Made :-(

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carolyn, I know it wasn't an easy decision for you to make but I'm happy that you're doing it for the right reasons - your health and well being. I wish you and your husband a peaceful retirement; you deserve it. May you enjoy it in good health. Virtual hugs sent your way!

DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

The very hard decision has been made, I am ending my business after 11 years. What Covid did not do my Doc's diagnosis finished. My doctor has informed me my heart is not going to take the strain of doing the markets anymore. Sadly, all the stress of fighting my sister, which I finally did win and settle did not help the situation either, so now I will turn to taking care of myself. Nonischemic Cardiomyopathy and LBBB is the diagnosis. On top of that my hubby need disk fusion, we are just too old for this. Just carrying heaving buckets is now affecting my breathing along with all my stairs. Staircases into my house and in my house.

Now to figure out what to do with my huge amount of supplies. This is a daunting task and saddens me. I will mention I have a pretty large stash of DB. Will be keeping some not all. If anyone is in the LA or Orange County area I have an unopened 5-gallon bucket of CO will let go for $35 and an unopened 5-gallon bucket of PKO for $40. Also a small drum of Neem oil for $20 which is past expiration but is perfectly good. It will have to be picked up as I am not going to try to ship and do not feel like breaking it down. There are also 5lbs of Red Ginger Saffron FO for $25 from Candle Science. This is their old formula and it smells and soaps wonderful. As the year progresses I will be posting more.

I Guess the happy part is now I will have some racks free for Lizzy tanks if I ever get Day Gecko babies. :)
I have just recently started using this forum, though I had subscribed to it long ago. Already you have been such a help to me.
Sad to hear that you won't be soaping anymore. I hope you are able to seek all your supplies easily. I am too far to buy any :(. I hope you get well soon. Take care of your health. Gecko babies sound interesting :) We used to hatch gecko eggs as kids. The babies are translucent!

I have just recently started using this forum, though I had subscribed to it long ago. Already you have been such a help to me.
Sad to hear that you won't be soaping anymore. I hope you are able to seek all your supplies easily. I am too far to buy any :(. I hope you get well soon. Take care of your health. Gecko babies sound interesting :) We used to hatch gecko eggs as kids. The babies are translucent!
I will still be soaping, just not selling so will be making much smaller batches. My geckos are Peacock Day Geckos and pretty much look like the parents when they hatch, not transparent, and are adorable. I had a breeding pair about 30 yrs ago.

Latest posts

Back