Deceptive Advertising

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellador

Reaction score
Is it considered deceptive/false advertising to take pictures of your product with prop items that are not in your formula? For instance, I have a "Lavender Scented Soap" - can my website show a picture of a soap and lavender sprig even though there's not actually real lavender in the soap? Is that considered false advertising?
No worries, I'm not in any legal trouble, but I've been thinking of props to include in my photos. I just wasn't sure where the line was between labeling & advertising. Thoughts?

If the soap is lavender scented, I agree - no problem using lavender in a photo because it is representative of the soap. But, if you staged your photo of an apple scented soap which was not made with milk of any kind next to a glass of milk and an apple, that might be misleading since handmade soap often contains milk as an ingredient, and the milk doesn't have anything to do with the scent of the soap.

Latest posts

Back