December Challenge Equipment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can also use parchment paper (I think it is called baking paper in the UK). I would not use wax paper, the heat of the reaction can melt the wax and stick to the soap

The cans here in the US don't need to be lined. They have a plastic coating in there, over the silver coloring. The bottoms don't react with soap, so no lining has been needed when I've used them. You just cut a notch in the top and tear it off in the direction of the spiral of the cardboard.

You can also use parchment paper (I think it is called baking paper in the UK). I would not use wax paper, the heat of the reaction can melt the wax and stick to the soap

Kchaystack - yep that's happened lol but it didn't stick to the mold :)

Smoked paprika on pringles. where??? I would eat them in a minute.

You can definitely find them in Europe! I was wondering though, if you have any shops selling European food nearby? They might have them or you can ask if they can order some. Fingers crossed.

i just watched a video where someone used a pringles can, cut the bottom off & used as the top, she lined it with freezer wrap, then let the lid be the bottom, she taped the lid on, the freezer wrap did not come out both ends then folded over , it instead was just folded over the top...which is why it leaked on her...I'll have the freezer paper coming out bot end, fold it over, add the lid to the top to be the bottom, tape it on with masking tape. Does anyone know if this is to be a rimmed soap? if it is I have a cool idea for the center part, if not i'm sure it will be fun, Oh and I like saving pringles lids, I put them overtop of the applesauce containers that I use to mix my micas to make a different color before adding it to my mixing bowl, which i add the oil to from my batch of oils. so I'll use a second lid to top the pringles can & maybe tape it down as well...might look for a tall box for it to sit in overnight as well.

I think freezer paper, or what you might know as butcher paper would be better, it usually has a shiny side & is a thicker paper.

That's really sad :-(. I reckon we ought to contact the makers of Pringles direct and offer to do a tasting trial in the USA, using the obviously highly developed taste buds of the soapmakingforum members! I'm sure they would agree!!!

LOL I'm game :)

Before everyone gains 10# and blames me, I have to admit that my round container technique is not yielding the results I was hoping for. I will be doing something different for the December challenges, but hold on to the round containers because you can still use them, if desired, and one of these days, I'll get what I'm trying for.

Awwww no column pour surround soap? Ah well, I didn't need the extra five pounds on my already wide caboose anyway LOL

I don't have the post count yet, but I did start saving Pringles cans last week for test batches!

Before everyone gains 10# and blames me, I have to admit that my round container technique is not yielding the results I was hoping for. I will be doing something different for the December challenges, but hold on to the round containers because you can still use them, if desired, and one of these days, I'll get what I'm trying for.

Ah.. I posted my other reply before I saw this. I'll be on the lookout for the new idea.

Back