December Challenge Equipment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Smoked paprika Pringles, I'd forgotten about those! I can't wait. My mouth is watering just thinking of them, and what an excuse. Eating them to make soap, it's a win win!

You could line a Pringles can with oven bake (or similar) too.

For a pvc mold (and this would work for a lined Pringles can) you get a tin can that is a tiny bit smaller than the internal dimensions of the pipe, sit it upside down on the ground and put the pvc pipe on top of it and push. Once the soap reaches the top of the pipe you can pull it out.

I line my pvc pipe with a silicone bake sheet but you can use Eva draw lining plastic too. All available at hardware stores.

A really good method of sealing one end of the pvc pipe is to get a can that is a tiny bit bigger than the outside diameter of the pipe. Screw the can to a board and you have a base and stopper all in one.

Last edited:
Is this going to require closures on both ends? Because I have 5 column molds ready to go.

I always ate Jalapeno Pringles with frozen green grapes... the perfect beach food combination. It's now the only way I like them, but there's no beach nearby. Thankfully, my family will happily scarf them down and keeps me well supplied with containers. I have the Crafter's Choice Cylinder Mold but much prefer pringles cans.

Am I allowed a guess at what the challenge will be? I *think* it will be something I've been about to try out on my own...

Chili and Lime- I've found them at Walgreens and Copps (one of out bigger chains here.) Sorry the picture's small!

Yes, you will have to close both ends, one temporarily so a couple layers of cling wrap taped or rubber banded down and a piece of cardboard over that would do.

I can't find smoked paprika ones. I feel like I'm really missing out now. :(

Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 8.57.18 PM.png

Ooh, I will be in India this December and if my family doesn't consume all of my time I'm planning to soap there even if it's just to show my mom how it's done and I'm also interested in researching the kind of supplies available to soapers there. I'm guessing a lot of CO, refined sunflower and safflower oils, sesame and peanut oils. Even pomace grade olive oil is really expensive there. Ok, no more side tracking but hopefully the challenge would be something I could do from there also.

This might be something I can do! I have two empty lye bottles that I was keeping for some reason.....

You should be able to do this from anywhere, I think. You may not take your micas with you, Kumundini, but you will have plenty of spices available to color some oils. And NS, you must been following your instincts!

Thanks for giving us a heads up and teaser, Newbie! Now I can start to look around at what I've got or may need...like Smoked Paprika Pringles...definite need. Geez but they sound delicious! Has anyone found them on this side of the pond?

Thanks for giving us a heads up and teaser, Newbie! Now I can start to look around at what I've got or may need...like Smoked Paprika Pringles...definite need. Geez but they sound delicious! Has anyone found them on this side of the pond?

I haven't scoured the stores looking for them yet but did check Amazon. They can be yours for a mere $9/can! Not sure I want them that badly . . . they are Pringles after all. I could make my own kettle chips with some Penzey's smoked paprika a WHOLE lot cheaper and they would prob taste better too!

What do you do if you live in England and they don't sell freezer paper, unless you get it shipped from the USA at a ridiculously over inflated price?

What do you do if you live in England and they don't sell freezer paper, unless you get it shipped from the USA at a ridiculously over inflated price?

Hmmm I've been using wax paper because I didn't have freezer paper handy. I doubled it up and it worked fine. Oh! And a plastic sheet protector. I cut it open, cut it close to size, rolled it to fit into the tube, and it worked fine. HTH :)

Saponista, I searched for freezer paper UK and it came up with this on Amazon, I don't know how to link it sorry!

Reynolds Freezer Paper 50 sq ft/ 4.64 m sq 12.1 m x 381 mm Plastic Coated Freezer Paper, White

It's £4.77 and there are other choices with free delivery. Would this be the right paper to use?

Rowan that's the one I just bought last week at the grocery store and used so I know it will work for the molds :)

Back