December 2022 Un-Challenge: (No more) New Year's Resolutions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

szaza

Reaction score
Welcome to the SMF December 2022 Un-Challenge – (No more) New Year’s Resolutions

Welcome to the SMF December 2022 Un-Challenge. For this un-challenge you will create soaps that have been on your to-do list for a long time. They might turn into your 2023 new year’s resolution that you’re probably not going to do, so we’re going to do them now. This is your sign to start that soap that you’ve been thinking about for ages but were too scared/overwhelmed/intimidated/…. to try and we’re going to help each other overcome the hurdles and challenges to make the soap we’ve been dreaming about but never started. Please be extra kind and supportive in this thread.

1. Any SMF member may participate in this Un-Challenge, regardless of length of membership or number of posts.
2.The soap must be made after the Un-Challenge announcement is posted (so do not post pictures of soaps that were made before 12/05/2022).
3. Make and post pictures of as many soaps as you would like. There will not be a separate entry thread and there will not be a vote, so post pictures of your creations in this thread at any time. Photos of failures are just as welcome as photos of successes.
4. If your design is inspired by another maker, please give them credit.
5. A sign up list will be posted, however, if you make a soap and want to share it but haven't officially signed up, please feel welcome to post a picture! Un-Challenges are meant to be relaxed and fun!
6. Experiments are always interesting. If you learned something, please share. Likewise, if you would share anything about your process/result we'd all be interested in seeing that.
7. As always, please keep comments kind and have fun!

(Please copy & paste the list into a new post, then add your name along with the next appropriate number.)

(Please copy & paste the list into a new post, then add your name along with the next appropriate number.)

1. AliOop - Now to decide which one to make! I have a long list :)
2. Catscankim - This is one I will definitely get around to
3. Marsi - Inspiration needed ... must watch soaping video's 😅

That's all I have been doing since last week. Looking for video inspirations lol

Little side note.. You don't need to pick just one soap from your to-do list, you can just do them all! 😁😉
Start with the one that's been on there for the longest, or one that's feasable considering the tools you have... Don't think too much just soap! 😁

4. Mx5inpenn - but I have no clue which one!!
5. dmcgee5034 - sooo many options 🌸

6. Mobjack - I have a plan and enough time to give it a try if the deadline is the end of the month.

6. Mobjack - I have a plan and enough time to give it a try if the deadline is the end of the month.
7. melonpan - feeling encouraged by the "try them all" suggestion! 😂

7. melonpan - feeling encouraged by the "try them all" suggestion!
8- lidiacgarcia- please don't expect anything fancy/pretty! ZNSC- need to cross it off my to-do list 😁
9-

8- lidiacgarcia- please don't expect anything fancy/pretty! ZNSC- need to cross it off my to-do list 😁
9. basti - I've been too busy to make any CP this past month but I think I can finally steal some time for myself! Let's GO! 🔥

9. basti - I've been too busy to make any CP this past month but I think I can finally steal some time for myself! Let's GO! 🔥
10. Servant4Christ- This could be just the kick in the pants I need to push past my fear of a soaptastrophy.

10. Servant4Christ- This could be just the kick in the pants I need to push past my fear of a soaptastrophy.
11. CreativeWeirdo - I'm making it anyway! Might as well make myself accountable for it!

I make ZNLB, HP and CP. I love bubbles so I've been hesitant to make this one. Have to tell you I was so surprised with the results.
Thank you so much @Zany_in_CO for sharing your recipe!
I haven't make a CP in over a year, so this was a nice change, also first time using a stamp, So cool!
To try to increase the bubbles, and make it more fluid, I made the HP with dual lye, and added a polyol mix (thanks again Zany for telling me was this was) after cook.

Full recipe is in the attached images
Merry Christmas everyone 🎄
Thanks Zany! I'm your biggest fan!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221210-100740_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221210-100740_Samsung Internet.jpg
    649.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221210-085108_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221210-085108_Samsung Internet.jpg
    755.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221216_094615.jpg
    20221216_094615.jpg