Dead Sea Salt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Does anyone know of a source to buy Dead Sea salt that doesn't charge an arm and a leg and lung plus a kidney for good measure.

I know many sellers on ebay sell it for around a buck a pound, but I have to wonder is it really dead sea salt for that price?

anywho if you use dead sea salt where do you buy yours, and are you happy with the service, prices and shipping?

scaligirl said:
Have you tried your local health food store? Is there one by You?

sadly I live in the middle of nowhere...... and the closest health food store would be about 145 miles from where I live..... So that's why I wanted to find an online source.

And I don't belive there is a place anywhere in the state of ND that would sell oils and products for soaping and b&b products to do a local pick up.

faithy said:
sadly I live in the middle of nowhere...... and the closest health food store would be about 145 miles from where I live..... So that's why I wanted to find an online source.

And I don't belive there is a place anywhere in the state of ND that would sell oils and products for soaping and b&b products to do a local pick up.
I live in Las Vegas...it's the saaaaame thing here :cry:

CPSoaper said:
itsmeroro said:
CPSoaper said:

I just found that link tonight -- and am going to give them a try... looks like a great company and good prices..

good luck

I think you will be pleased with their salts and service.

:) I really like the "bulk" sizes they offer - that is what appeals mostly --

I am still not sure what type and size to order?? Sugestions?? I am making a salt glow scrub...

:) Rachelle

Personally I like the fine textured ones. The course textured ones might be ok for a bath soak, but would be to harsh for a scrub.

You may even want to break down the fine textured ones a bit more by zapping them in the blender or food processor for a sec or two.

faithy said:
Personally I like the fine textured ones. The course textured ones might be ok for a bath soak, but would be to harsh for a scrub.

You may even want to break down the fine textured ones a bit more by zapping them in the blender or food processor for a sec or two.

Thanks for the advice... :)

itsmeroro said:
CPSoaper said:
itsmeroro said:
CPSoaper said:

I just found that link tonight -- and am going to give them a try... looks like a great company and good prices..

good luck

I am still not sure what type and size to order?? Sugestions?? I am making a salt glow scrub...

For me, it depends on what I am using the salts for as to what I prefer. For salt bars and bath bombs, I prefer a smaller grain. For salt bath soaks, I like a medium to large grain; for milk soaks, I like a small to medium grain. I like the dead sea salt, Himalayan pink & ceara salt.

CPSoaper said:
itsmeroro said:
CPSoaper said:
itsmeroro said:
CPSoaper said:

good luck

For me, it depends on what I am using the salts for as to what I prefer. For salt bars and bath bombs, I prefer a smaller grain. For salt bath soaks, I like a medium to large grain; for milk soaks, I like a small to medium grain. I like the dead sea salt, Himalayan pink & ceara salt.

I just ordered from them - and got the Cieara, Bobek and Epsom. I am sure the spelling is not correct, but you all get the point. The prices were really reasonable being around $100 for over 75 pounds.

:)

Latest posts

Back