Dead sea salt soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberly G Lewis

Reaction score
I used melt and pour glycerin soap and I also mixed fine dead sea salt and coarse dead sea salt in my melt and pour soap and its sweated so bad that the soap turned into liquid. I have made this several times and this is the 1st time that this happened. Can you please advise why this would happen? Has anyone had this to happen to them? Maybe I put to much Dead sea salt in the Melt and pour soap?

You are not supposed to use Dead Sea Salt in soap at all. It contains too many minerals that draw water to the soap, and your soap will always end up a liquid gooey mess. That’s true whether you are doing melt and pour, CP, or HP.

I might possibly work in an m&p base that is synthetic not soap-based m&p. Some of the Ultra Clear bases are still synthetic. If I get ambitious I will try it this weekend since I have a block of Ultra-clear and some Dead Sea salt. It has me curious.

I might possibly work in an m&p base that is synthetic not soap-based m&p. Some of the Ultra Clear bases are still synthetic. If I get ambitious I will try it this weekend since I have a block of Ultra-clear and some Dead Sea salt. It has me curious.
I have customers who love it...just don't know what happened on this go round.

Back