Dead Sea salt bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nframe

Reaction score
Hello,

I have read many times that one should not use Dead Sea Salt in salt bars and yet there are many sites that do sell them (including Amazon). How do they manage it? Is it possible after all? What method should be used?

The problem with dead sea salt is it makes the bars sweat. I suppose if you live in a really dry area and do not use too much salt, it would be ok.

They may not really be using dead sea salt, there are many unscrupulous people out there. I don't know, just a guess.

I use Dead Sea salt in soap. The trick is don't use too much! :)

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

I fully agree with Sonja, do not use to much DSS. To much will leave the the bars almost feeling waxy, sticky and 0 lather. I make them for myself because my skin loves salt and I like all the minerals in dead sea salt. I just do not sell the high dead sea salt bars I make. Salt bars are my passion I really have never met one I don't like :p

I fully agree with Sonja, do not use to much DSS. To much will leave the the bars almost feeling waxy, sticky and 0 lather. I make them for myself because my skin loves salt and I like all the minerals in dead sea salt. I just do not sell the high dead sea salt bars I make. Salt bars are my passion I really have never met one I don't like :p

Thank you. So, how much would you use? 5-10% DSS and the rest normal salt?

Salt bars

Can I ask what a salt bar is.? I'm from the UK and I don't think we have them here.

Can I ask what a salt bar is.? I'm from the UK and I don't think we have them here.

A salt bar is a soap that is made containing sea salt. There are varying degrees. These type of soaps are very high in coconut oil. The salt is added to match upto 100% of your oil weight. So if i made soap with 1pound of oil, I essentially could use 1pound of sea salt to add to my soap.....I will stop talking,... here is a video from soaping101`s Channel

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaK5sm0jmc[/ame]

I have been using Dead Sea Bath Salt from Israel Catalog. Pure, Natural Dead Sea Salt is the main ingredient of it.
Natural aroma essences are added to make the salt for skin experience more pleasant.
Natural Dead Sea salt is mined exclusively at the lowest place on Earth!
Give it a try

I have been using Dead Sea Bath Salt from Israel Catalog. Pure, Natural Dead Sea Salt is the main ingredient of it.
Natural aroma essences are added to make the salt for skin experience more pleasant.
Natural Dead Sea salt is mined exclusively at the lowest place on Earth!
Give it a try

And bath salt is much different than a salt bar. With a salt bar, dead sea salt, no matter how natural it is and no matter how low it is mined, will cause problems when it is the main ingredient.

Back