de-funk de pits

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I was probably in one of my moods. But I would always recognize tsp as teaspoon and TSP and Trisodium Phospate. Difference is in the lower and upper case usage.
Dahila, I do use grams when making cosmetics. When I make soap I use oz and sometimes use oz and grams...:eek:. Fortunately, I have never mixed up the two when I use both measurements. Not saying it could not happen

tsp is teaspoon.
LaPrarieLady, I appreciate your recipe. I screenshot it, I hope you don’t mind.

Not at all, I do the same thing for other people's recipes. I took a screenshot of the Madison recipe, in my next order I will buy Magnesium Hydroxide because I only have Magnesium Chloride.

Well this is a long thread and I haven't read it all but I want to add something. I have always been pretty sweaty and quickly start to smell stinky if I don't use something on my pits. I got a tip from a fb group and decided to try it- it is very simple and has been working really well for me since I started to use it. It seems to reduce wetness somewhat and really eliminates the odor- it is simply lemon juice! Squeeze a little onto my hand and rub on and that's it!! It actually lasts up to several days (I shower about every 3rd day) I work outside and am active and this is my new go-to. If you're looking for something easy and natural give it a try!

Well this is a long thread and I haven't read it all but I want to add something. I have always been pretty sweaty and quickly start to smell stinky if I don't use something on my pits. I got a tip from a fb group and decided to try it- it is very simple and has been working really well for me since I started to use it. It seems to reduce wetness somewhat and really eliminates the odor- it is simply lemon juice! Squeeze a little onto my hand and rub on and that's it!! It actually lasts up to several days (I shower about every 3rd day) I work outside and am active and this is my new go-to. If you're looking for something easy and natural give it a try!

It is not the first time I hear this. I even read that a woman used apple cider vinegar which is acidic like lemon.

Some people may have good results with vinegar, but I did not find that to be the case. My brother also reported that he spent a long drive with a friend of his who was convinced the vinegar she used prevented smelly b.o. but she was wrong.

I had not read about lemon juice. That is interesting. Perhaps one day when I run out of my wonderful babassu-magnesium hydroxide deo, I'll pull some Lemon juice out of the fridge and douse myself. But I won't waste a lemon; they're just too precious a commodity around here. Maybe back when I lived in California when lemon tree was so prolific my boys thought that playing ball with them was a good idea...

Some people use Original Milk of Magnesia only, ingredient: Magnesium hydroxide

Yes, a few of us here did and I think at least one still does. Personally, I didn't like it though because it was too messy and I had to clean up drips and drops every time I used it. Plus, it doesn't really travel as well as a stick deodorant (not by my standards, anyway, and I travel a lot.) But I think a couple of people did use Liquid roll-on containers and didn't have the drips and drops problem I mentioned. I suspect that would travel pretty well if not left in a hot car. But the bottle of MOM I had in the trunk of my car did not fare well. Too long in the heat of my car caused the powder to precipitate out of the liquid and sink to the bottom while the water floated on top. No amount of shaking and mixing brought it back together again, so I finally just tossed it since it could no longer be used as a GI treatment either (due to the disassociated components.)

Hello de-funk de pits people. I know we haven’t been on this site for a while but i just wanted to update you:

I have now tried earlene’s suggestion and added Cera Bellina wax to my babassu combo. She actually added Cera Bellina and rice bran wax but i wanted to try simplicity so only added 8% cera. The outside temp is 29C or 84F and i placed the deo in my car in full sun for about 4 hrs. the deo was softer but it did not melt!! I am very happy with this experiment, and i only used the Cera Bellina wax.

IrishLass i tried it with your 60/40 blend decreasing the babassu by 8% but the stick is hard like a rock.

Earlene’s recipe of 49% babassu and 42% magnesium is good but i am getting a little bit of “funk” coming through. I might stick with this blend or i might tweak it but i must thank you earlene for a wonderful idea!

Has anyone on the Europe side of the pond found MgOH? I've tried several suppliers I know, crawled through Amazon and Ebay and I can't find anyone who would sell it to me to Finland. I thought I'd found one but that turned out to be mostly corn starch and only 37% was MgOH so not a good choice.

Does Amazon not send to you? I get mine through Amazon...

4399EBB8-6CAC-4E81-895E-03F4D9073F6A.png

Nope, Bulksupplements doesn't ship to Finland.

Amazon UK does have one supplier who would deliver it to me, but the postage would be about triple what the actual product costs so not really an option.

Ebay does have some options now although postage is again pretty steep.

Actually, I just checked the label on Bulksupplements as well as I could as the pic was grainy but can someone conform the stuff is actually 45% MgOH and rest is something else, corn starch probably. If you are using that stuff and not pure MgOH then my mix might work too.

Unfortunately i tried to buy some and send it over to you but just to buy a bag for me would cost 50$ canadian and then the shipping was another 40$. When our border was open i would just drive down and pick it up and save on the shipping and of course now the canadian dollar sucks compared to US dollar.

Back