DB Overload!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone that tries my DB do not make 30lbs in one day in your house. LOL, I know what it does and still did it this week, about did the hubby and I in. We actually went out to dinner waiting for the house to air out. This was on a windy day and I have a very open house with big open sliding doors. At least I have it done for a couple of months. This stuff is strong.....and it is not the first time I have run us out with pouring multiple batches :headbanging:

After that one I decided tonight to go a bit more mellow and make 3 batches of Hardwood Plumeria. Tonight's is fresh aloe and beer vegan soaps

I can only imagine the power of fragrance fit for 30 pounds! That must be something! Where do you store your soaps to cure? Behind an airtight door?
LOL, I should but they are downstairs on a rack with a dust cover over it. They really are not to bad once on the rack, it is just the pouring of it and if the fo gets on anything it takes awhile for it to dissipate. You will see when you get your soap sample and imagine it out of the bottle using 1 lb of fo!!

Biggest problem we have with curing any larger batches (of single of multiple scents) is the animals.

I know that their noses are so sensitive to fragrances and I try my best to make sure any soaping is done without them around but when the soaps are curing it can sometime be really strong. I refuse to have some of the more toxic FO in the house just in case - maybe paranoid but didnt want to take a risk!

I only have 1 cat in the house and she stays completely away from my soap. She has been around the 6+ years I have been making soap and is just fine. I have a feeling no one here has lost a pet due to curing soap

Latest posts

Back