Dark Patchouli

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't bought Patchouli from them so I wouldn't know. I bought Patchouli oil yrs ago' it was the best' as it aged it only got better, but it was so long ago I cant even remember who it was. If it were me i'd only buy a 1/2 oz for testing to see if you like it, hope it works out for you.

I use Bulk Apothecary as one of my main Vendors. They have Quality Products. No matter where you shop, there will always be an issue from time-to-time. When I have ever had an issue with a Product, they addressed it right away and made it right! I love their Products, from Oils, Butters, Essential Oils, Fragrances and Clays. As a Business Owner, I would hope if someone had an issue, they would allow me to make it right.

I've purchased Dark Patchouli from BA several times and never had a problem. Only purchasing 16oz at a time.

That being said, I have posted on the forum asking about hold of patchouli in CP soap because I find mine loses it's scent after a few months. It seemed mine loses scent quicker than others on the forum. I've since purchased Dark Patchouli from Liberty Naturals instead.

Not long ago I bought Frankincense EO from BA because it was the cheapest I've found. It smells heavily of solvents and stinks to high heaven. Not ok for soap. Even if I could get past the smell, I don't think it's safe. My poor review of the oil was never published on their site. Red flag.

I live in Ohio and have visited their warehouse for pickup many times. It took one pickup to realize they don't have high quality standards.

I have resolved to only purchasing sodium hydroxide from BA. I comes in a large pail, it's the cheapest I've found, and it's just as good as any other place I've purchased from. Plus, I can pick it up so I don't have to pay shipping.

That is so interesting because I’ve purchased thousands of dolllars on Essential Oils from Bulk Apothecary and is always impressed by the quality of them all. Especially Frankincense! It is one of my favorite EO of all!

I have posted on the forum asking about hold of patchouli in CP soap because I find mine loses it's scent after a few months. It seemed mine loses scent quicker than others on the forum. I've since purchased Dark Patchouli from Liberty Naturals instead.
That is definitely a red flag. Patchouli is one of those scents that normally survives forever. Like cockroaches, crepe myrtle trees, and crab grass, it will probably survive the Apocalypse!

That is so interesting because I’ve purchased thousands of dolllars on Essential Oils from Bulk Apothecary and is always impressed by the quality of them all. Especially Frankincense! It is one of my favorite EO of all!

That's a lot of essential oil! I'm glad you like BA so much. I know they have a large customer base because there are always other customers picking up large orders when I'm there. They must be doing something right.

I've bought a couple of hundred dollars worth of essential oils from BA and still working my way through. Next time, I'll purchase from another supplier. I bought the Frankincense based on its reviews and was so disappointed. I left a review saying I must have just received a bad batch. The fact they didn't publish my review was a huge red flag, and I was sure they had more disappointed customers than just me.

Early on, I used BA's butters, but I found them crunchy instead of creamy and decided that paying shipping through Soaper's Choice was worth the cost.

For me, BA's not the right company. However, I love that Sodium Hydroxide! They also have a tempting scratch and dent section in the warehouse to find things discounted. Always tempting, but I never concede.

NDA's is $168./liter. Everywhere else I looked is much higher than that. Then Bulk Apothecary comes in at $49?

Was it from BA?

Can you tell me who NDA is? Thanks. There was a thread on FB talking about dark patchouli and buying it at NDA. I need to know what supplier this is.

Latest posts

Back