Dark Patchouli

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a lot of essential oil! I'm glad you like BA so much. I know they have a large customer base because there are always other customers picking up large orders when I'm there. They must be doing something right.

I've bought a couple of hundred dollars worth of essential oils from BA and still working my way through. Next time, I'll purchase from another supplier. I bought the Frankincense based on its reviews and was so disappointed. I left a review saying I must have just received a bad batch. The fact they didn't publish my review was a huge red flag, and I was sure they had more disappointed customers than just me.

Early on, I used BA's butters, but I found them crunchy instead of creamy and decided that paying shipping through Soaper's Choice was worth the cost.

For me, BA's not the right company. However, I love that Sodium Hydroxide! They also have a tempting scratch and dent section in the warehouse to find things discounted. Always tempting, but I never concede.
StephD31,
I want to apologize to you and others for defending Bulk Apothecary! I am now one of you!!! I used my Organic Lavender Spike and the chemical smell encompassed my whole lab! Solvent smell for sure! I will be contacting them and would like to see how the handle it. They’ve always been courteous in the past with exchanges and refunds. Will be seeking a new Vendor.

@Stephd31
I agree that is very odd that they don’t publish any negative reviews of their products. I have experienced it myself. When I started making soap I bought a few of their fragrances, unsure of how they would behave because at the time (not sure now) they didn’t list vanillin content or behavior in soap. I didn’t think my reviews were bashing the fragrances, as I liked them, just as a warning to others to expect discoloration or acceleration, or for it to disappear in CP; they didn’t publish them. As a test I rewrote a review starting with exceptional praise to the scent and just ending with a slight hint to it discoloring, and that one got published.
Since then, I only order shea butter or essential oils from them, as they do have some EO’s that are hard to find elsewhere and their shipping was fast and reasonably priced for small orders.

Just thought I could add that my biggest ??? with them was when I considered buying some of their ready to sell soaps at one point. I requested a list of ingredients which they wouldn't supply. I asked how can I sell soap without an ingredient list? That was pretty much my problem, they don't give an ingredient list! Hopefully it has changed but I wouldn't buy it even if it did.

Just thought I could add that my biggest ??? with them was when I considered buying some of their ready to sell soaps at one point. I requested a list of ingredients which they wouldn't supply. I asked how can I sell soap without an ingredient list? That was pretty much my problem, they don't give an ingredient list! Hopefully it has changed but I wouldn't buy it even if it did.
Who, BA? Their soaps have the ingredient list for private-label-ready soaps on the website. Perhaps they wised up since you contacted them, if it was them. Private Label Wholesale Products | Bulk Apothecary

I will no longer use them after they were not receptive to my complaint about the E. O. I’ve spent thousands of dollars with them but never again. They should have weighted out the consequences of not replacing my product. I have been an advocate for them but that’s the past! Time to find a new vendor that will offer quality products that they stand behind.

That is definitely a red flag. Patchouli is one of those scents that normally survives forever. Like cockroaches, crepe myrtle trees, and crab grass, it will probably survive the Apocalypse!
I used Patchouli Oil in my recent PineTar Soap' ugh its so strong I can hardly stand it & I like Patchouli' lol 🤣😉 It so strong Ive removed it from my curing area thinking its gonna scent my other soaps' Phew its strong.

Who, BA? Their soaps have the ingredient list for private-label-ready soaps on the website. Perhaps they wised up since you contacted them, if it was them. Private Label Wholesale Products | Bulk Apothecary

Sorry, yes BA

I used Patchouli Oil in my recent PineTar Soap' ugh its so strong I can hardly stand it & I like Patchouli' lol 🤣😉 It so strong Ive removed it from my curing area thinking its gonna scent my other soaps' Phew its strong.

Probably the mix of Patchouli and Pine Tar.

Just took a look at your link, earlene. That certainly wasn't there when I looked a few years ago. Also looked at their first soap listed, Petal Dance, nothing in the ingredient list to inform what the black specs are, possibly just soap. The rose petals they list also look like soap.

Just took a look at your link, earlene. That certainly wasn't there when I looked a few years ago. Also looked at their first soap listed, Petal Dance, nothing in the ingredient list to inform what the black specs are, possibly just soap. The rose petals they list also look like soap.

Also, nothing on the ingredient list indicates a DOS inhibitor (ROE, CA, etc) and with all those soft oils and soap still in need of a good cure (per one of the reviews), I certainly wouldn't want to risk re-selling that soap.

Back