Dandelion Salves

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapmage

Reaction score
I love all things dandelion. I eat them, pickle them, make tea to drink with them, and now I've added soaps and salves using them! I make no claims obviously to the public, but I'm here to tell just you all that this salve has been a God-send for my son's rash. I have to give props to the original recipe creator, Jan Berry from The Nerdy Farmwife blog. I tweaked her recipe and added my own flair and ingredients and tested a few batches with different things and percentages until I found one I fell in love with. Here's the cute little labels I made for them (I'm using those little containers from the Dollar Tree) and they fit perfectly.

View attachment dandylionbalm.pdf

Cute!! I found that same recipe not too long ago. I never heard of dandelion salve until I picked some up at a farmers market a few weeks ago. It was a miracle drug for my pain. I bought some dandelion oil to give to my mom for her arthritis. (I need to drop it off!) I also bought dandelion flowers that I am infusing in sweet almond oil right now. I plan on making some salve for mom and me. I just hope the oil works as good for her as it does for me.

I'm going with the same theme from the nerdy farm site but the hard bolcks instead. Think it's shea/beeswax and sunflower infused dandelion. They are great to use.

I'm going to try the lard/infused oil and see. Thanks

I would mix dandelion and calendula infused oils and add some essential oils:)

I actually did lol. I used my already infused calendula SO and then infused the dandelion as well. I also used lemongrass EO. :)

What did you end up going with as the recipe?

I used calendula and dandelion infused SO (hi-oleic), with added infused chamomile powder, yellow beeswax, added arrowroot powder, and lemongrass EO. The arrowroot cut down on the greasiness very well and gave it a silky feel that's out of this world! I also used the hi-oleic SO as it has a longer shelf life than regular, and it has a titch of vitamin E added to it as well.

Cute!! I found that same recipe not too long ago. I never heard of dandelion salve until I picked some up at a farmers market a few weeks ago. It was a miracle drug for my pain. I bought some dandelion oil to give to my mom for her arthritis. (I need to drop it off!) I also bought dandelion flowers that I am infusing in sweet almond oil right now. I plan on making some salve for mom and me. I just hope the oil works as good for her as it does for me.

Yes, it's wonderful for my headaches sometimes as well. I rub it on my temples. I use it for my lower back aches too, and even a lip balm. I love it.

I'm going with the same theme from the nerdy farm site but the hard bolcks instead. Think it's shea/beeswax and sunflower infused dandelion. They are great to use.

I'm going to try the lard/infused oil and see. Thanks

I've made the one with shea but used grapeseed oil in one of my first batches and loved it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going with it :) I make dandelion soap with cocoa butter and it is the best soap. I have no idea what dandelion does in soap if it does anything but the bar of soap is wonderful :))

Going with it :) I make dandelion soap with cocoa butter and it is the best soap. I have no idea what dandelion does in soap if it does anything but the bar of soap is wonderful :))

Sounds wonderful! I have dandy soaps I do HP as well and upsell them with the salves. :)

Ok how does everyone dry the dandelion flowers for infusion without them going to fluff?? I've tried twice now and both times-fluff!

I just pick them early in the morning and lay them on paper towels to dry them for several days and haven't had them fluff, so I don't know lol. Maybe you picked yours too close to them getting ready to turn into the "fluffs".

I just pick them early in the morning and lay them on paper towels to dry them for several days and haven't had them fluff, so I don't know lol. Maybe you picked yours too close to them getting ready to turn into the "fluffs".
same here

Latest posts

Back