Dancing Wave Technique

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of these "foolproof" techniques look easy when someone else is doing them. When it comes to me...not so much. But I have to say, that the pouring techniques do look easier than the swirling ones, to me at least. I might give this one a try. Maybe.

It was a fun video to watch. I like how the soaper showed two different versions of the technique. Thank you for sharing this, Dibbles!

Hello, can you tell me how the cutter is called which she is using in the video?

It's a slab pour. The soap is only as deep as the finished bars are thick -- maybe 1 1/4" deep. The soaper is cutting the soap into bars just like you would cut a pan of brownies or sheet cake.

I suppose you could pour the soap to twice the thickness that you want the bars -- 2 1/2" deep -- and then split the soap horizontally into two sheets that are 1 1/4" deep. Then cut the two sheets like brownies. I bet the crisp waves will look best on the top sheet, however.

I'm not quite getting how they're cut to look like that. I'd love to try that out sometime, hopefully soon.

Last edited:
Back