Dancing Funnel Trials

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are the first two dancing funnel attempts for the August challenge. The first one I tried to imitate a polymer clay technique using M&P. It didn't work out too well, I just couldn't maintain the temp/ consistency of the M&P. (it was worth a shot)
The soap:
44490049652_3374674be7.jpg

The clay technique (not mine):riverrock.jpg ..yea, not so much :(
This is one I tried some gold mica in oil in the design, it didn't go as expected but it's shiny.
30652555798_2485b51050.jpg

This was really great fun, ahh the possibilities. :rolleyes:

Not quite what I was going for but lots of fun. The purple one is scented with Nurture's Peace and Love (Olive Branch dupe) and it smells amazing. I think I'll put it on a rope and just wear it all day! Thank you!

I was soaping today and thought of this thread. Wondered if I could do it with just pour containers.
Unfortunately it doesn't work when the batter starts to thicken too quick thatnks to my over mixing and a (unknown to me) faster moving FO then I was prepared for. Shows that the recipe can sometimes control acceleration .
But it was fun trying .

Ohhh put it in your car or closet ! makes for a good air freshener ;) But honestly it is Really really good !!!

Love both of them, the top looks like marble and the purple one, well, it's purple - say no more. Love PURPLE.

These are the first two dancing funnel attempts for the August challenge. The first one I tried to imitate a polymer clay technique using M&P. It didn't work out too well, I just couldn't maintain the temp/ consistency of the M&P. (it was worth a shot)
The soap:
44490049652_3374674be7.jpg

The clay technique (not mine):View attachment 32018 ..yea, not so much :(
This is one I tried some gold mica in oil in the design, it didn't go as expected but it's shiny.
30652555798_2485b51050.jpg

This was really great fun, ahh the possibilities. :rolleyes:
I love the mica added to the funnel. Lovely effect, even if it wasn’t what you were going for.

SCARD,

THOSE ARE VERY IMPRESSIVE! The first one looks like cuts from a geode. They are INCREDIBLE...
Absolutely fantastic job!

Dancing Funnels? I've never heard of this technique. Is there a You-tube video on it?

Honestly, I just want to get up and create something NOW...

Latest posts

Back