Daikon seed oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
I have 64 ounces of daikon seed oil that I bought when it was on sale. I had planned to use it as a replacement for silicone but I was wondering about its usefulness in soap. Here is some information about it but I'm not sure if it could be used in place of something else or is it worth even using it in soap?

SAP Value NaOH: 0.120 KOH: 0.166

Although the oils were extracted by different methods, their difference in fatty acid composition was not significant (p < 0.05). The oleic (C18:1), linoleic (C18:2), linolenic (C18:3) and erucic (C22:1) acids were the main unsaturated fatty acids, which accounted for about 90 % of total fatty acids. Saturated fatty acids such as palmitic (C16:0), stearic (C18:0) and docosanoic (C22:0) acids could be found.

She has a website linked to that video. Perhaps you can contact her and let her and ask for feedback about how the soap turned out and what properties it brought to the soap. I haven't noticed and new posts on that video for the past 5 months, so she may not respond right away if you post to the video itself. Her email address is included on her website so that's where I would probably start.

But it looks like a rather expensive oil. I'd probably think of using it in beard oil or something along those lines at that price.

She has a website linked to that video. Perhaps you can contact her and let her and ask for feedback about how the soap turned out and what properties it brought to the soap. I haven't noticed and new posts on that video for the past 5 months, so she may not respond right away if you post to the video itself. Her email address is included on her website so that's where I would probably start.

But it looks like a rather expensive oil. I'd probably think of using it in beard oil or something along those lines at that price.
Actually it is intended for a beard oil but I was exploring other options. I will contact her. I didn't even think about that.

Back