Dad loves Lemon Rosewater FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
So my dad has been mostly "meh" about my soap and toiletry stuff. He never uses products like lotion, lip balm, etc. He does use my soap. I make him a special ginger tea tree EO soap b/c he is diabetic. I offered to make him a foot salve but he said he'd never use it. Last night, he was sniffing my Lemon Rosewater FO lotion. I haven't soaped it yet, but so far I am in love. It's from WSP and if it soaps well I will be buying a pound at the next sale. Which should sometime next week. j/j

So he says he usually doesn't find my scents appealing but he loves that and what is it? I would have NEVER EVER guessed that lemon rosewater would be so appealing to my dad.

So my dad has been mostly "meh" about my soap and toiletry stuff. He never uses products like lotion, lip balm, etc. He does use my soap. I make him a special ginger tea tree EO soap b/c he is diabetic. I offered to make him a foot salve but he said he'd never use it. Last night, he was sniffing my Lemon Rosewater FO lotion. I haven't soaped it yet, but so far I am in love. It's from WSP and if it soaps well I will be buying a pound at the next sale. Which should sometime next week. j/j

So he says he usually doesn't find my scents appealing but he loves that and what is it? I would have NEVER EVER guessed that lemon rosewater would be so appealing to my dad.
I bought the scent myself, although I haven't done anything with it yet, it's sitting on my coffee table. It's more a lemon scent with a hint of floral, and not sweet smelling at all. I've used "Rosewater Lemonade" which is sweet smelling. Maybe your Dad likes lemony scents?
You never know with people. I made a Mechanics Scrub with WSP "Barber Shop", and more women liked it then men!

My dad also "poo-poo'd" most of the soaps I offered him, until I gave him a Lemongrass Mint soap. He loves it! Maybe dads really like lemon scents, as Barbara said.

The rose note really developed in the lotion. This may be the ticket to a wonderful rose scent - many roses have a lemony or a citrusy note to them. Lurk on a rose forum sometime. You will find folks as obsessed with fragrance as us! I am planning to soap some rose FO I have and blend it with this to perk it up.

BTW, if you love the scent of roses and have a little garden space - I strongly recommend Clothilde Soupert. https://www.antiqueroseemporium.com/roses/906/clotilde-soupert

She's on the small side 3-4 feet. Very healthy. I live in humid Alabama and she's a workhorse. Roses from April until October - or even November if fall arrives late. VERY fragrant. Only fault - the blossoms have 100+ thin petals, so if the buds get very wet, they can't open. They turn grey and yucky. But just cut them off and soon you will have new flowers! Also not great for cut roses - the stems are too small to draw enough water and the petals will fall off within a day or two of being inside. There's also a climbing version.

Back