d-limonene usage

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeetime

Reaction score
I make a laundry stain bar that is 100% coconut oil soap and was thinking of adding d-limonene for extra power. Has anyone done this? What were your results?

Thought about adding enzymes?

7th generation laundry detergent adds Amylase(breaks down starch) and protease(breaks down protein). I couldn't find protease anywhere in bulk or cheap, but I leaned towards thinking about meat tenderizer as a clue and found something about an extract of pineapple but stopped from exhaustion... #firstwordproblems haha :wave:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006O93SYQ/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I typed the "d-limonene" into the search bar above, and got LOTS of references to people trying it. I hesitated to point out that you could have done the same in the middle of the night as I am not the most tactful person during those hours.

Susie, I did the exact same thing in the advanced search and got zero hits. Perhaps it isn't as functional on mobile. I wouldn't ask if I hadn't ready looked.

Thank you, but it doesn't address adding d-limonene to CP soap for a stain bar. I had already looked up d-limonene usages on the internet before posting and got nothing on using it in soap.

I typed the "d-limonene" into the search bar above, and got LOTS of references to people trying it. I hesitated to point out that you could have done the same in the middle of the night as I am not the most tactful person during those hours.

I tried again and this time I got lots of hits. The first time I got 0 results as the message. Maybe because it was 2 in the morning or something like that. Do the servers go down for maintenance at night?

Anyway, one of those threads said someone used 1-2% d-l in Cp soap as a degreaser so I will start there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back