Cutting straight down with a crinkle cutter.... :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachael

Reaction score
I'm getting frustrated this morning. :)

Does anyone have tips and tricks for getting a straight line with a crinkle cutter? I don't play around with my crinkle cutter often but I decided to crinkle cut the sides of my latest batch of soap to add interest. I love the way it looks!

BUT no matter what I do I always end up cutting it at an angle, so I take more off the top than the bottom! I have a wooden soap cutter with notches in it so I've been placing the soap in there and crinkle cutting top down.

I'm doing everything in my power to keep the soap bar completely still and up against the edge of the crinkle cutter but it seems to slip at the very end and create that angle. Maybe I'm approaching this all wrong, anyone have any tips and tricks for getting a good cut? Could it be my soap is still too new? I just unmolded it yesterday and it's still pretty soft.

thanks!!

Sadly I could never get a straight cut with a miter box or even with a guide my ex-husband made. I finally just gave in and bought a cheese cutter first then moved to a wire cutter. It was the bane of my existence trying to cut straight.

Back