Cutting Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no set time, it all depends on your recipe and if you gelled it or not. You can check it tomorrow and see if it feels firm to touch, if it's still sticky you will have to leave it longer. Try and see if you can turn it out of the mould, it should come out without too much trouble.

There is no set time, it all depends on your recipe and if you gelled it or not. You can check it tomorrow and see if it feels firm to touch, if it's still sticky you will have to leave it longer. Try and see if you can turn it out of the mould, it should come out without too much trouble.
Thanks Relle, so I took my soap out of the mold and started cutting it, it was very sticky and not firm to the touch at all and it was very oily, not to mention it zapped me pretty good. So I watched a few videos on rebatching and it came out better and didn't zap me anymore. I cut it already and it smells amazing . Now for the big wait, I think it might have been because i didnt wait long enough for the lye water and oil to temper.

Latest posts

Back