Cutting CP soap with cookie cutter

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

bambi

Reaction score
I found this cookie cutter with shape and size I like. it's a regular stainless steel animal-shaped medium size cookie cutter for baking. I wonder if it can be used to cut CP soap as I don't do M&P. Is it possible if I make the cp soap using a slab mold with the same height as the cookie cutter thickness and cut it each one using the cookie cutter after unmolding? When is the right time to cut? I might need a bigger slab mold to get some individual soaps though. I saw people do this to create embeds using smaller sized cookie cutters. Anyone did this before or has a better method?

TIA :)

mzimm

Reaction score
Yes, a cookie cutter makes a fine tool for cutting soap shapes. Unless you're making a salt soap recipe that hardens like a rock very quickly, you should have no problems cutting through the soap when you unmold it from the slab at the usual time when you would have otherwise cut it into bars. I would recommend that you wear protective gloves when working with new soap, though, even if it doesn't zap.

bambi

Reaction score
Yes, a cookie cutter makes a fine tool for cutting soap shapes. Unless you're making a salt soap recipe that hardens like a rock very quickly, you should have no problems cutting through the soap when you unmold it from the slab at the usual time when you would have otherwise cut it into bars. I would recommend that you wear protective gloves when working with new soap, though, even if it doesn't zap.

Thanks, mzimm! Can't wait to try it :)