Cutters?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy B

Reaction score
I'm considering getting a multi bar cutter. Any suggestions on where? I've googled and there are too many to choose from. I'd rather get a tried and true one if at all possible. Looking for a heavy metal one instead of wood, but will consider all.
Thanks

I have a multi bar Bud Cutter from Bud Hafner on Etsy. It’s reasonably priced and a work horse. He will make it just fro you and you can specify what kind of cut you want. 1 inch, 1 1/8, 1 1/4 inches. I also have a single bar cutter. I’ve only ever had 1 wire break in 5 years. Easy to clean as well. Highly.

Last edited:
I have a multi bar Bud Cutter from Bud Hefner on Etsy. It’s reasonably priced and a work horse. He will make it just fro you and you can specify what kind of cut you want. 1 inch, 1 1/8, 1 1/4 inches. I also have a single bar cutter. I’ve only ever had 1 wire break in 5 years. Easy to clean as well. Highly.
I just purchased a single wire cutter and a wooden box cutter and I can't wait to get them. Do you have a picture of your single wire cutter? I want to get an idea of what to expect.

Here you go

Attachments

• A00B8945-E466-46F6-9666-C90917DCD102.jpeg
    A00B8945-E466-46F6-9666-C90917DCD102.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 17
Here you go
That is the exact same one I bought. I bought the one in the picture first and wasn't planning on buying the single wire one but it was on sale and I couldn't resist.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200131-174008_Etsy_compress86.jpg
    Screenshot_20200131-174008_Etsy_compress86.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 16
I have the little wooden one. It's the only cutter I have and I love it. I can't use it with my little slab mold, but I don't do slabs that often. But that's the only downside.

I have a multi bar Bud Cutter from Bud Hafner on Etsy. It’s reasonably priced and a work horse. He will make it just fro you and you can specify what kind of cut you want. 1 inch, 1 1/8, 1 1/4 inches. I also have a single bar cutter. I’ve only ever had 1 wire break in 5 years. Easy to clean as well. Highly.

I tried both this man's name and a wire cutter by Bud. No results, can you post a link?

My husband built me a multi cutter which is far from pretty, perfect or a Bud but it works. I always wanted a Bud cutter but never wanted to hurt my hubby's feelings so I never purchased one, but it would have been the only cutter I would ever buy.
Could you post a pic of the cutter your husband constructed? I’m intrigued!

I was looking at a Bud cutter too. I think I am going to bite the bullet and get it.

I picked up a gently used Bud’s single cutter and wow...love it. I was using a modified cheese slicer and it worked well enough and was very easy to store, but I was getting to the point when I needed something more. I hadn’t planned on getting one until this summer, but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.

Back