Cutters

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Congratulations to Stacyspy on your new cutter! I started to post this on your "my precioussssssssss..." thread, but didn't want to hijack it. So...

"Congratulations! That sure is purty. I suck at cutting soap straight. I like the fact the cutter's bumper goes straight across the entire flat surface of the cutter. It looks like you will not be able to accidentally angle the loaf when you're cutting. For those that own this cutter, is that true? Also, why do you have the single bar cutter instead of the multibar cutter? What's the benefit of the single bar vs the multibar? What are the cons? As I said, I suck at cutting soap (and you thought it was only math!) so I really need a fool-proof cutter. I'm thinking multibar, but I really don't know. So I keep putting it off and cutting crooked bars."

See, it would have been a hijack. I'm making a conscious effort to stop doing that. I don't mean to, when I see something, it brings my questions to mind and then...

I have one of the single bar cutters from Bud and think it's just about the best soaping purchase I've made.

I like being able to cut each bar individually. I make smallish batches so it really doesn't take me much time. I get to enjoy seeing each bar and don't sweat if any of my embed measuring went wonky. The lengthwise bumper keeps me cutting straight - so no worries there. It's pretty foolproof. If not, I'd surely figure out a way to mess it up.

Thanks! I wouldn't have minded the hijacking, but I can't cut straight to save my life, and after trying several ways, just decided to go fir it.
It's extremely stable, with the ability to accommodate a wide range of loaf sizes and I've had no wobbling or crooked cuts yet.
I looked at his other cutters, and while I thought I'd go for a multi cutter, I ended up picking the single, for a couple of reasons...
The biggest reason is the majority of my molds are "custom"... made with materials I had on hand. I try to cut about 4 oz bars, and the different heights and widths of my molds aren't really compatible for a one-size-fits-all cutter...The guide is movable, and works for everything from about 1/8" edge clean up to a 2" thick bar... Bud also includes an extra piece as a stabilizer for loaves that are longer than the cutter.
He also sends a couple extra strings, and clear instructions for the care and maintenance of the cutter.
I really don't have any cons, but I'm a very small business, with not a lot of need for the "fancier" cutters. Folks who produce more than I do may have other opinions.

Back