Cuticle Balm Scent Idea?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leLuckyDuck

Reaction score
Good morning!! hope everyone can finally eat again! :lol:

I made a fab cuticle balm using Cocoa Butter. They didn't even need FO they smell so good... Well, I want to make a Shea butter version but am stumped as to what a good scent would be for it. I have Lavender EO but cannot stand it so I want to stay away from that. Any ideas? Citrus basil maybe or is that tooo sharp? I usually get my FOs from NG and have a ton so I might just have it... Thank you very much?

One of the reasons I got into body care products is because I love the scent aspect of it but I am finding that to be the most confusing! Works that way in marriage too... Hahaha

I know you mentioned you can't stand the scent of Lavender EO but it's wonderful blended with Lemongrass and Clary Sage EOs. I used equal amounts and it produced a lovely herbal scent once the EOs married. It's a fragrance which reminded me of spas and I used it in a massage lotion. I'd use it again but I'm out of Lavender and Clary Sage. I recently checked the prices and decided I can live without them. :lol:

eta: You might look on Aromaweb's site for ideas for blending EOs. http://www.aromaweb.com/recipes/default.asp

As a nail technician i have smelled lots of cuticle oils and my favourite would be Vanilla, it's a fragrance that's not overpowering.
Keep in mind it's on peoples hands all day long so it has to be something that doesn't get sickening :)

Back