Cuteness overload. My baby birds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
4C859903-31BF-4C53-8000-474C1647C52C.jpeg

My friend suggested that I sprinkle cayenne pepper around the base of the tree to keep critters away. If you look at the top middle-ish right hand of the picture you can see the thorns on this plant lol. I scratched up my arm getting this picture in the middle of my thorny bougainvillea. So I'm gonna let nature run its course.

Plus its been raining a lot, so sprinkling pepper would be futile. I think momma knew what she was doing by putting her babies there in the thorny tree.

When I first realized there were eggs in there, I got dive-bombed by mom LOL. But I guess she is used to me now because I peek every day, and she just sits on the wire watching me.

When I very FIRST peeked today, the baby birds popped their heads up like they were looking for food from momma. I ran in real quick to get the phone, and when I came back I got this pic. I wish I had a photo with the little beaks popping out looking for food LOL. Too cute.

Well...my baby birds are gone. I guess something ate them.

I was sitting on the porch yesterday morning talking to my friend in philly. I kept telling him that something must be wrong. The momma bird was sitting on the wire literally screaming at me. He said i was nuts...its not lassie.

Im like no, im serious about this. The bird is screaming at me. He just kept telling me to stop getting my human scent all over the birds nest. So i left it be. Today the babies are gone. Nothing but down in the nest. I looked all over the ground. They ain't there.

im so sad :(

Back