Cut my soap...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tx_Donna

Reaction score
Imagine my surprise....

my.php
[/url]

it was solid black on the inside... No FO
This is my Recipe

7% Palm Kernel
8% Rice Bran
11% Palm
30% Coconut
34% Olive
10% Castor Oil

1 inch of silk. Lye disolved in 1/2 water and icey GM at trace.

2 tsp of Golden Rod Mica

anything seem wrong?

It looked so pretty before...

[/img]

It doesn't smell bad, it is just BLACK.... does anyone know why?

Thanks

I have only made 10 batches so far but it looks like it didn't gel all the way to the edges. As far as "why" it is so dark, I have no clue. It could be your fragrance or the gel turned your color dark. I am just beginning to play with color so I am as clueless as you.

On a brighter note, I think it look quite cool myself. It looks like a chocolate covered molasses chew. :D

I was thinking an inside out peanut butter cup! Maybe I should have a snack now....LOL!

joanne

It's a perfectly "squared out" black center. That's very interesting...and strange. My uneven gels have never looked that...even. But I don't know, cuz I've never seen anything like it — that wasn't on purpose.

It's very PRETTY though!

my guess, based on the pattern, which is similar to the soap i had before, its a very regular line around the outside. it has something to do with the way its drying (or something in ut being oxidized by the air), since its all in a regular line around the outside.

i bet that in a day or 2, the cut sides will start to turn the same color as the outside. of course, i've been playing powerball for months and have only won $3....

An inch of silk....how many ounces of oils in this batch? For a 32 ounce batch, i would use like a small pea sized ball of silk, as it takes so very little. I'm not sure what would cause it to look like that. I think i would be blaming the soap ferries or an alien from outer space visited your soap during the night. :lol:

WilsonFamilyPicnic said:
my guess, based on the pattern, which is similar to the soap i had before, its a very regular line around the outside. it has something to do with the way its drying (or something in ut being oxidized by the air), since its all in a regular line around the outside.

i bet that in a day or 2, the cut sides will start to turn the same color as the outside. of course, i've been playing powerball for months and have only won $3....

LOL I understand the powerball playing! Ha

I agree with you, I think it will all turn tan. We shall see!

Soapmaker Man said:
An inch of silk....how many ounces of oils in this batch? For a 32 ounce batch, i would use like a small pea sized ball of silk, as it takes so very little. I'm not sure what would cause it to look like that. I think i would be blaming the soap ferries or an alien from outer space visited your soap during the night. :lol:

I have always used 1/2 inch per pound of oil. Don't you just love the feel of it in soap?? I had just never used it in GM soap

Back