Cut Holly Jolly soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
For those that missed my post of my first Christmas soap of 2019 here is the loaf and the cut.
I know these should have been made like 4 months ago, but I just got around to it on New Year's Eve. So at least they will be nice and cured for the 2019 holiday season. :)

The inside was supposed to look like a Christmas tree. Kind of failed on that front, but it's interesting and I love it. Also the red on the holly berries is the best Christmas red I've ever seen in soap.

Holly Soap.jpg

Cut Holly Soap.jpg

Cut Holly Soap 1.jpg

Love it! So, how did you get that gorgeous red?
Mad Micas true red set. I was skeptical at first but got the set (because I love mad micas micas) and it is the best red by far that I've ever used. True and consistent every time. The only time I don't actually get that red is if I'm using it in white m&p, or if I use too much TD in my CP base before using it.

Mad Micas true red set. I was skeptical at first but got the set (because I love mad micas micas) and it is the best red by far that I've ever used. True and consistent every time. The only time I don't actually get that red is if I'm using it in white m&p, or if I use too much TD in my CP base before using it.
I may have to break down then. I don't like to order from the US if I can avoid it.

I may have to break down then. I don't like to order from the US if I can avoid it.
I used to make my own mix with a neon pink and red oxide that was really good, but unless I got the mix just exactly right, it wouldn't turn out every single time. This set is 3 colors you wouldn't think would make a red, but it does, and it's so easy - equal measure of each color and viola - perfect Christmas red - every single time.

Latest posts

Back