Custom soap stamps vs. silicone molds?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Hartman

Reaction score
If I want to sell soap with a name and/or logo, is it better to use a silicone mold or a soap stamp? Or a third option I don't know about?

depending on the logo (it a fairly simple shape with no inside negative space), you could also have a extruder disc made, to create embeds with soap dough. Or you could have a silicone liner made with the logo/ name to put at the bottom of individual cavity molds, sort of like an impression mat. A stamp is probably the most practical though.

I am looking for similar advice. I belong to our local Legion Riders group. I would like to put our name on bars of soap for our annual fundraising ride. I am a very casual soaper, I don't make it often, and I have no interest in selling, it's strictly for self and gifting. I would do CP using a basic recipe and I love the simplicity of pouring into individual molds and letting it set. I don't need to make a lot (maybe 50 bars?) and only once a year.
Can anyone recommend a source for a customized mold that makes at least 6 bars at a time but won't break the bank? (Less than $100.) Or a clever (read cheap and easy) solution for making my own?
What about the liner option glendam mentioned, can someone recommend a source for that? Or would I be better off just getting a stamp and learning how to use that? (And best place to get a stamp made if I do?)

I am looking for similar advice. I belong to our local Legion Riders group. I would like to put our name on bars of soap for our annual fundraising ride. I am a very casual soaper, I don't make it often, and I have no interest in selling, it's strictly for self and gifting. I would do CP using a basic recipe and I love the simplicity of pouring into individual molds and letting it set. I don't need to make a lot (maybe 50 bars?) and only once a year.
Can anyone recommend a source for a customized mold that makes at least 6 bars at a time but won't break the bank? (Less than $100.) Or a clever (read cheap and easy) solution for making my own?
What about the liner option glendam mentioned, can someone recommend a source for that? Or would I be better off just getting a stamp and learning how to use that? (And best place to get a stamp made if I do?)
If you are making square bars or cutting bars from a loaf, consider a Soap stamp for the SIDE of the soap. You could have it say Legion Riders. To get a good impression, make sure the font isn’t too thin/narrow. I’m sure there are multiple suppliers on Etsy who can make a custom stamp for you. I was looking at this one earlier today. I’m wondering if they could do an image from several bars of music?

Back