Custom Soap Box Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soaptana

Reaction score
Hello guys. I hope you’re all having a great day. It’s snowing like crazing in Toronto and it’s a perfect day for tea and soap research…my idea of fun..yup, I’m a tad nerdy and proud of it. Can some one please recommend a company that makes custom-made soapboxes? I’ve searched and searched but all the ready-made boxes are either too big or too small. I’m mostly interested in those Kraft soapboxes with the oval cutout in the very center of the box. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

go to a craft store and look for a box maker set (kit) I know there are several companies to make them. And you could use either their thin carboard stuff, but cardstock paper might work as well. (never tried it but it's an idea) and make your own. It would be time consuming I know.

I have thought about those boxes but they just don't fit the shape of my soaps either. But Paul gave me the idea to use shrink wrap so that's what i'm doing. Bought some just need to get my butt into gear and use it. Oh wait i just bought pretty paper to and more printer ink to print up my own papers (labels) to put under the shrink wrap.

If you or someone you know is into scrapbooking/papercraft, you might have access to a cutting plotter called a "Craft Robo". These are nifty little machines that can cut arbitrary shapes out of cardstock. The larger model can also cut chipboard.

There are a lot of templates out there for boxes, or you can make your own. There is some labor involved mind you, but for gift giving or the like it can be really neat to have custom-made boxes with special cut-outs. All one has to do is cut out the box with the machine, glue, and fold.

In case you're wondering, we have one of these in our house so I am actually speaking from experience :)

If you or someone you know is into scrapbooking/papercraft, you might have access to a cutting plotter called a "Craft Robo". These are nifty little machines that can cut arbitrary shapes out of cardstock. The larger model can also cut chipboard.

It looks extremely expensive, though

An alternative to the Craft Robo, but something that does the same thing, is the Quickutz Silhouette. It's the same machine really, just packaged under a different name. I actually purchased one a while back and have found some neat box templates that I'm going to use for bath salts and bath bombs. Next up I'm going to try creating a box for the soaps. It hooks up to your computer and the software is pretty easy to use. The machine itself takes a little bit of fiddling with to find the right pressure, but it works well!

Back