Custom MP Honeycomb Embeds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapmage

Reaction score
I am happy with how this experiment worked out since I've never tried it before. I simply lined my silicone mold with bubblewrap (bubble side up), melted my clear soap added some local honey and micas that I mixed together for a honey color. I poured a thin layer than unmolded after a few minutes and it came out great. I cut the larger sheet into smaller bits to use as the embed toppers for a honey CP loaf I'll be making this week hopefully. :)

100_1714.jpg

100_1715.jpg

100_1716.jpg

100_1717.jpg

100_1722.jpg

100_1724.jpg

You certainly got the color right as those look like chunks of real honeycomb! :)

Thank you! I used Sister Goldenhair Surprise by Mad Oils and added a titch of their Redrum and it made a wonderful honey color. I love mixing my own micas. :)

Oh yeah, mixing micas is so much fun -- by the way, love the names of those micas! I've seen the Mad Oils website and have naturally bookmarked it! :)
They are one my fave new suppliers and all of my micas are from them and I've been very happy with them. The prices are a bit much on some things but their customer service is some of the best I've ever seen from a supplier so makes it worth it to me!

Latest posts

Back