Curry plant Helichrysum italicum leaf infusion

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ladka

Reaction score
I've been growing a curry plant in a large bucket and infusing its scented leaves in oil to make face cream. Although it doesn't grow in Mediterranean climate its scent is strong and comes out nice in cream. I use the cream myself and also suppply it to a few other persons. Now, whereas I also like pot marrygold in my face cream two persons love it with curry plant.
I've always made my creams from fresh infusion of fresh curry plant leaves. The plant has grown quite a bit last season so I'm going to trim it heavily to overwinter.
My dilemma is whether I'd better infuse it now and "overwinter" the infused oil or should I rather dry the leaves (which I somehow dislike to do in winter) and infuse oil when needed.

Last edited:
I don't make oil infusions using fresh botanicals -- IMO there's a high chance of mold growth. It's safer to use dried.

or should I rather dry the leaves (which I somehow dislike to do in winter) and infuse oil when needed.
I've been growing a curry plant in a large bucket and infusing its scented leaves in oil to make face cream.
That's pretty cool! :cool:

Since you're going to heavily trim it back, I would stick the cut stems on a paper towel, then cover lightly with a paper towel and let them air dry over time. You could then grind the leaves to a powder and use it in soup and other culinary dishes or save for infusing later.

Latest posts

Back