Curing with dehumidifier

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I am have read that using a dehumidifier will speed up curing time of cold process soap. Has anyone tried this?
Also, is there a possibility that this will weaken the strengths of the fragrance from essential oils that I used? I only fragrance with EO and not FO.
I’m on a crunch to get these Halloween soaps cured, and I of course only made them last night because everything went to hell with these **** soaps.

I've actually read the opposite.

What I have read is that dehumidifiers can help against sweating.

It could help the water content of your soaps evaporate quicker, but whatever chemical reaction that's supposed to happen will still need a proper cure. Nothing speeds up cure time :)

I've actually read the opposite.

What I have read is that dehumidifiers can help against sweating.

It could help the water content of your soaps evaporate quicker, but whatever chemical reaction that's supposed to happen will still need a proper cure. Nothing speeds up cure time :)
Thank you! I’m just hoping to cut the normal 4-6 weeks to 3 or so.

As stated above. Nothing can speed up cure. It requires time. I cure all my soaps at least 6 weeks some as much as 6 months. There is more to cure than evaporation of water/liquid. It changes structurally. Becomes harder, milder etc..

Hello, I am have read that using a dehumidifier will speed up curing time of cold process soap.
This is inaccurate. A dehumidifier will dry out a soap faster, but that is not the same thing as curing. There is more going on with the cure than just water/liquid evaporation. The only thing that will cure a bar of soap is time.
I’m on a crunch to get these Halloween soaps cured,
They will be cured by Halloween if you let them cure properly.

I was wondering sort of the same thing regarding climate control. Not to cure faster but to make sure bars cure nicely. What are the optimal curing parameters?
Curing soap needs air circulation and fairly controlled weather though that's not always possible. Some keep a fan circulating on them. I just place the on a shelving unit and let them be. Don't let them sit in direct sunlight. They prefer a darker coolish area.

I use a dehumidifier 24/7 and a fan to help circulate the air during the day. Helps to dry so can be packaged, not to use or sell. Still giveThen 4-6 weeks to do their thing- cure !

Latest posts

Back