Curing temps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kare Klein

Reaction score
I'm curious about ambient temperature during cure for CP soaps? Is there an ideal temperature? What might be too hot or too cold? I ask because mine are curing in a cold basement right now...about 55-65 degrees F. TIA.

I'm curious about ambient temperature during cure for CP soaps? Is there an ideal temperature? What might be too hot or too cold? I ask because mine are curing in a cold basement right now...about 55-65 degrees F. TIA.
I'm not sure the exact answer, but I know cooler is better than hot, as hot, humid conditions can help contribute to DOS.
The ambient temp I cure my soaps in is about the same range as yours, and my soaps cure just fine. I live in a fairly dry climate as well.

There are some posts on curing times that you might want to search (lye section and beginners section) where people from all over have put in answers. You may find your answer in those from someone that is in the same area that you live in and time of year you are making them.
A lot will depend on the humidity of your basement and the recipe.

Latest posts

Back