Curing soap question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen74

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I was just wondering, is it safe to open windows in my house to allow fresh air in when curing my soaps? I am curing them in my dining room/living room area as that is the only place that works.I even keep a fan blowing in them while they are curing. Just wanted to see if opening my windows would be safe?

Yes, of course it is safe. It is fresh air, right? If you have screens on your windows to keep the bugs out all you'd have to worry about is maybe a little extra dust blowing in from a breeze or a wind. But if you make a sort of gauze tent over your soap that would decrease the likelihood of dust blowing onto your soap.

Hi everyone.
I was just wondering, is it safe to open windows in my house to allow fresh air in when curing my soaps? I am curing them in my dining room/living room area as that is the only place that works.I even keep a fan blowing in them while they are curing. Just wanted to see if opening my windows would be safe?

Just curious as to what your concern is about have the window open?

The more air the better, for the most part. I suppose if it's really humid outside then your soap would be better of with the windows closed, assuming your house is air-conditioned and drier...but other than that, it seems like some fresh air would only be better.

If there are smells outside that I do not want in my house, such as someone's dryer sheets, or gas-powered leaf blower, or paint, or BBQ grill, I do not open my windows.

Same goes for pollen.

Latest posts

Back